The New Mexico School for the Deaf is a historic campus located on Cerrillos Road in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The school has a strong heritage as a premier facility for meeting the educational needs of deaf students for almost 100 years. The campus is a landmark in the Santa Fe community.
Dillon Hall is a 35,000 sf historic building on the NMSD campus. It was built in 1935 and is the primary academic building for 7th and 8th grades at middle school level and 9th-12th grades at high school level. It is a two-story building with a full basement and a small 3rd floor.
The building contributes to the historic “Cerrillos Road” facade and is a formal, historic “dumb bell” floor plan with double loaded corridors. Carved wood corbels and beams, iron railings, and historic tile add irreplaceable charm and character to the interior spaces. In 1955, a 16,774 sf addition was added to the north side of the building. This addition is called the Art Annex as it houses the library, art rooms, vocational education and technology education.
2012 NAIOP Historic Renovation Award of Excellence
2012 ENR Southwest Best Projects of 2012 Award of Merit